CRIBIQ-BioFuelNet Thermal Conversion Task Force Symposium
Date : 17-18 March 2016
Lieu : Estrimont Suites & Spa, Orford
After nearly 5 years of R&D, BioFuelNet’s Thermal Conversion Task Force is organizing this symposium in close collaboration with the CRIBIQ in order to share cutting-edge research in the field of thermochemical conversion, taking into account biomass production, conversion, utilisation and life cycle assessments. This will also be an opportunity to share with stakeholders from industry and government, promote existing collaborations between the industry, academia and government agency as well as the establishment of new collaborations. The two-day event will take place in the beautiful Eastern Townships.
For more information and to register, see the main event page
Click here to book your hotel. Please mention that you are participating in the BFN-CRIBIQ retreat.
The presentations will be focused on many aspects of biofuel and biocommodities production through the thermochemical pathways within the biomass supply chain, conversion processes (gasification, pyrolysis, HTL, etc…), utilization (fuels, composites, chemicals) and social, economics, environmental and sustainability studies (SEES). Three main themes will be considered during the symposium:
- Oil from pyrolysis: economic viability and competitiveness with regards to current energy prices.
- Gasification: perspectives and opportunities for new products.
- Agricultural and forestry residues: valorization opportunities through thermal conversion.
International keynote speakers from industry and government will share their experiences and knowledge in the field. A poster session is also planned to highlight the projects conducted by the BioFuelNet students.
Interested in presenting?
- Researchers: please send a brief description and a title.
- All students/HQP are invited to present posters. Please send a brief description and a title. HQP Travel Awards are available for BFN HQP.
Questions and information should be sent to Malorie.firstname.lastname@example.org